Saturday, September 12, 2009

The MJs!!

All right now! What have we here? Some MJs!!

Now, they're not the best photos, but they're the only ones I have at the moment!
These are all 22"x30" Silkscreen on Arches 88 White. 2008.
MJs present: Smooth Criminal, The Way You Make Me Feel, Black or White, Scream, and Thriller.

With this series of prints I got really interested in Michael Jackson's music videos and his dancing in the videos. I started thinking about how iconic and recognizable he is based solely on his moves and I wanted to translate that to print. Hence the removal of his facial features all together. I believe that Smooth Criminal, The Way You Make Me Feel, and Black or White are the most successful grouping. Thriller is a bit smaller than the rest, and I feel like Scream sticks out by having no gold. But I still really love them all.









1 comment:

  1. i really like the close up of the crotch grab! although, i wish you had printed MJ dangling Blanket over the railing!!

    ReplyDelete